I suggest you...

BizTalk Tracking API's need to support property schema queries like the Admin Console

The BizTalk DTA Database can store message bodies and context properties.
Imagine a scenario where I could query that data, and using promoted or tracked properties find exactly the message that I was looking for.
That feature exists today, we can do that, in the Admin UI I can do this, find exactly what I want, using promoted properties.

This capability is in the Admin UI, but does not exist in the Admin API's.

When I need to find exactly the message that shows that the data was processed and delivered to the end point. The promoted property query allows me to find very specific messages. Unfortunately that query is not one of the API's that is exposed. The code is encapsulated in a private method in the Microsoft.BizTalkAdministration.Snapin assembly in the TrackedMessageEventsQuery. This exposes a most important builder called the FromClause() which enumerates the Schema promoted property fields that I have picked and entered values for and builds that find query that finds the specific messages that contain business context like "member_id" or "ssn" or "city". I will reverse engineer this internally, but to have such a feature to bring the API on par with existing GUI features would open up tremendous functional features in the tracking database would be very very helpful.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas E. Canter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base