I suggest you...

Remember column changes in Admin Console

When you change the column order, sort order, column width
When you change a port and coming back to the overview screen it's back to the default screen.

So if it could be possible to remember the previous screen.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sven Van den brandeSven Van den brande shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter LykkegaardPeter Lykkegaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With an increasing number of items in eg Receive Locations the "Revert to default screen" after each edit is really annoying and slows editing through admin console down it's like crawling through a mine field
        Please can something be done?
        Thanks in advance

• Thomas E. CanterThomas E. Canter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bob, we cannot build an Admin Console using the new REST API's... they are not complete. I pointed this out in my other uservoice request. You cannot search for messages at all, you can only retrieve messages if you have the Service ID or Message ID. So 50% of the Admin Console functionality is not available in the REST API's only the admin console.

• bobbob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The MMC BTS Admin Console used to store/save user view preferences in older versions of BizTalk, but they removed it because eventually it would slow down the loading and navigation to a crawl and many people complained (myself included), I remember having to periodically delete the temp file where that was stored just so that i could get in and do stuff...

While I'd like to have the ability, I wouldn't want it to impact the loading performance of the console. With Feature Pack 1 out now, we can finally start writing our own custom consoles using the new management APIs - now if you don't like the MMc console, you can write your own app and define your own behaviors!

• Thomas E. CanterThomas E. Canter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one thing that it does support is saving queries as files that includes column and sorting... I have hundreds of queries saved for projects

• Peter LykkegaardPeter Lykkegaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Persistent sorting is working in BizTalk 2006 R2
        Very annoyingly it is not working in BTS 2013

You can go
        Disable, sort, find
        Edit properties, sort, find
        Enable, sort, find ...

Feedback and Knowledge Base