I suggest you...

Improvement to BizTalk Development tool-set in Visual Studio

BizTalk Development tool-set in Visual Studio hasn't been improved much for long time now. Nino's BizTalk NoS Addin included various feature to improve the development experience for BizTalk in specific. Similar features, specific to BizTalk development could be added to Visual Studio out-of-box.

One simple example which is been long pending even after various request is to have resize, color code feature request for the Expression editor in Orchestration designer. They might trivial, but improves the development experience a lot.

30 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ashwin PrabhuAshwin Prabhu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of the new features in BizTalk Server 2016 and the Feature Pack 1 are great but the little changes like these for the development process will have a huge benefit in terms of BizTalk development productivity.

I suggest the ability to rename schemas and maps so that the new name is automatically updated in all referencing projects. Essentially a simple refactoring capability.

• Leo MartensLeo Martens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. Also fix the pipeline designer code to not keep locks on the pipeline component assemblies. This breaks rebuilds. And make the projects only report a dirty flag, if one really changed something. This causes very long rebuild times.
        Contact me directly for details. I know, where to fix both.

• Fabio MariniFabio Marini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. The orchestration designer needs serious improvement... There are workarounds to regenerate the orch code, but these shouldn't be required anymore in a mature product like BizTalk Server...

Feedback and Knowledge Base