BizTalk Server

BizTalk Server allow developers to design advanced integration capabilities spreading across on premise systems and cloud solutions.
If you have any feedback or ideas BizTalk Server we’d love to hear it.

I suggest you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SQL Server 2017 support for BizTalk Server 2016

SQL Server 2017 supports distributed transactions for databases in availability groups. This support includes databases on the same instance of SQL Server or databases on different instances of SQL Server. Adding support for SQL Server 2017 in the current version of BizTalk would simplify setting up HA environments both on-Prem and in Azure.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Ports (ReceiveLocations / SendPorts) sorting in Admin Console

BizTalk should support shorting in ReceiveLocation / SendPort by name or by URI and remember that change, so if user makes any change on port then it should not rearrange. If no then atleast after any change on ports it should not rearrange back to default shorting. Many customers have more than 100 ports and if they have to change in 10-15 ports then it's very difficult them to rearrange every-time and do the changes. It is working fine on BizTalk 2010 version.

9 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • WCF Publishing Wizard needs to have export/import/command line support

When I am building WCF Applications I need to recreate the original WCF Wizard settings and rerun them several times before I achieve the result I am looking for.
        The WCF Wizard runs once, exposes some XML that details what it is doing, but once that runs, the information is lost and I have to rebuilt the configuration.
        I want to be able to import that data, use it as my starter for another process and then at the end, have a master that I can use to regenerate over and over again.

8 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Visual Studio Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow the XML and Flat File Disassembler to handle an empty message

The JSON Decoder was fixed to have a AddMessageBodyForEmptyMessage for use with RESTful services. However not all RESTful services are JSON. So it it be good if the XML Disassembler and also the Flat File one could also have this capability.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow easy concurrency control

BizTalk should allow easy concurrency control on orchestration and send ports. Currently the only way to control it is either through sequential convoy pattern (which makes it singleton) or to use level of throttling. The throttling mechanism is not easy to configure and does not work as desired all the time in consistent manner. It will be great to provide an option to set on orchestration or send port to define the max number of instances which can be run at a time concurrently. This will be a game changing feature as many time down stream system are not capable…

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Clone port configuration

When you setup a new port in the GUI, you usually has an old port that is simular that you would like to base your new port on.
              I suggest that you should add one more menu item on the menu that pop-up when you right-click on a receive location or send port and call that "Clone".

This should create a new port with the same settings and place you in the edit GUI for this port. Here you could change necessary values and then save the new port.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Enhance comment shape system on orchestration designer

Developing sometimes some orchestration, especially when its needed, I do think the shape comment system is too poor. Actually, there is no enough visible space. Any shape should have the capability to show its whole comment without waiting for the tool tip or going into properties tabs. It's painfull to not have that for debugging and orchestration understanding

It should be simply better to have any comment on 3 or 4 small lines instead of 1 truncated line

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visual Studio Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make initial value of Orchestration variables configurable in BizTalk admin/binding file

Make initial value of Orchestration variables configurable in BizTalk admin/binding file.
                  Great for setting different values in dev/test/production environments e.g. for:
                  * passing flags for extended debugging
                  * timeout values
                  * retry count
                  * settings for configuration to dynamic send ports

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Update the ALL.Exceptions send port to use WCF-SQL Adapter

For the release of BizTalk 2016, the legacy SQL adapter has been marked as deprecated. However, following installation of the ESB Toolkit from the BizTalk 2016 ISO, a BizTalk application "Microsoft.Practices.ESB" is created. This contains the send port "ALL.Exceptions" which uses the legacy port.

Any subsequent run of the BizTalk Health Monitor will raise the warning:
                    "Non WCF SQL adapter used in some Send Ports
                    Prefer to use the WCF one which is more performant !"

The ALL.Exceptions send port should be updated to use the WCF-SQL adapter. This will also require either a change to the EsbExceptions database or…

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adapter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • 7 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adapter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Enhancing VSTS BizTalk Deployment

Currently, VSTS BizTalk Deployment supports on BizTalk Assemblies, but in real projects we need more that that e.g. BAM, BRE, IIS Services and SSO configurations.

All these artifacts can be deployed using scripts but it would make VSTS deployment more favorable if these artifacts can be deployed out of the box with BizTalk Assemblies

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Basic authentication with WCF-WebHttp adapter

Basic authentication with WCF-WebHttp adapter does not work. This needs to be fixed.

6 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adapter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Fix the orchestration compiler so that it tells you what is wrong when you accidentally enter a "naked string"

If you accidentally enter a naked string i.e. one without quotes, in a message receive filter expression in an orchestration, this breaks the orchestration, as it is transcribed directly into the generated code where it tend to be invalid syntax - particularly if the string exactly matches the name of a variable in the code. The compiler error gives you absolutely no clue as to what you did wrong, and this really baffles beginners in particular but has tripped up even experienced consultants.

Either remove the requirement to quote strings in filter expressions, or make it so that the compiler…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visual Studio Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Enable no-touch provisioning of BizTalk servers

Setting up a new BizTalk server is laborious and always involves a combination of manual steps and brittle, bespoke environment-specific scripts. This sticks out like a sore thumb in the new cloud-native world where customers are coming to expect turn-key, PaaS-like offerings. It is embarrassing and increasingly indefensible to have to explain at every turn that BizTalk can't do these things. Furthermore even when this SOP is established, the way BizTalk expects different configuration options to be enabled is so product-specific and convoluted (e.g. custom configuration in handler mappings) that it is difficult to hand over to non-expert DevOps personnel…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• "The expression that you have entered is not valid"

This notorious issue is still causing problems for those new to BizTalk development.
                                http://thoughtsofmarcus.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/expression-that-you-have-entered-is-not.html
                                Would be nice to get a fix.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• More settings for controlling the BizTalk Deployment Phase

Add more settings to the "BizTalk Server Application Deployment" task in order to control the process more carefully. I would like to be able to decide whether or not to Restart Host Instances after deployment, Stop or Start various artifact types, Start referenced applications, Validate for existing application references...

Bonus challenge: Handle application references which are locking the current application from undeploying. If an application cannot be removed due to existing applications locking it, have the deployment process undeploy the locking apps (breadth-first), redeploy the current and then bring back the referencing applications in the opposite order (I've already extended…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Set MAX DOP for MessageBox on database level!

Thanks to a new feature in SQL Server 2016, we can have the BizTalk MessageBox running with MAXDOP set to 1 on the same instance with databases that have MAXDOP set to 0. Unfortunately, the BizTalk configuration still sets the MAX DOP value to 1 at instance level, instead of database level. https://sqltechblog.com/2016/10/04/understanding-the-new-maxdop-settings-in-sql-2016/

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Acknowledgement Delay on MLLP Adpater

This should bit negative as if it will slow down the system, however, its needed especially in case of down time when huge backlog is pending to be processed. Currently in case of heavy load BizTalk accepts messages at maximum speed, which causes message box spool and parts clean up issues. Even with multi message box, in very heavy load such as handling of 200 msg/seconds may introduce issues when it runs for multiple hours and there are many such interfaces in the environment. Since hl7 messages are usually sent in order, adding delay (milliseconds) in acknowledgment will help in…

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adapter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Add ability to disable/enable SuppressRoutingFailureDiagnosticInfo on port level

Today a "garbage" file is created if you enable routing on a port and don't set BTS.SuppressRoutingFailureDiagnosticInfo = true.
                                        Please add ability to disable/enable SuppressRoutingFailureDiagnosticInfo on port level so we don't need to create custom pipelines.

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Update the configuration tooling to support TLS 1.2

the BizTalk Configuration tool fails during configuration when TLS 1.0/1.1 is disabled. As far as I can tell, that's the only component that requires TLS 1.0/1.1. The BizTalk configuration tool needs to be updated to support TLS 1.2.

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
                                          • Don't see your idea?

BizTalk Server

Feedback and Knowledge Base